Day 2 - Toss it!









Laurice Shelven (DePaul Student)

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven…a time to keep, and a time to throw away.” – Ecclesiastes 3:1; 6 (NRSV)

We can all recall a time when we have received flowers from someone special. I remember getting a beautiful rose that I proudly displayed on my dining room table for about a week too long. I woke one morning greeted by a horrific smell. I checked the garbage, the refrigerator, laundry, all to no avail. Suddenly, I realized that the terrible odor was coming from my once beautiful rose. How could something so beautiful be the source of such disdain? We sometimes want to hold on to good things for longer than we were intended to have them, but there is a season for everything; a season to keep, and a season to throw away.

Reflection:

Is it time to let go of some things in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment